Achari jinga – A easy delicious recipe. The simple combination of prawns with flavorful spices make this dish superb.
- Medium sized Prawns 800 gm
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Peppercorns – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – 2 -3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
- Red onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Green chili – 2,
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup, chopped
- Yogurt- 3 tbsp
- Grind the chili powders, peppercorns, ginger and garlic into a paste with vinegar. Do not add water
- Heat oil in a large pan; add the onions and sauté till light brown
- Add the tomatoes; sauté on high heat for a minute and then grind it along with the sautéed onions, now add the ground spice paste. Grind well to paste and then sauté on low flame till oil clears.
- Add the prawns, season with salt and apply the paste to the cleaned deveined prawns, this is a dry dish and hence addition of extra water is not required, now cook it well in the Tandoor
- Make coriander paste along with yogurt and use this to plate the prawns as shown in the picture, serve with Yogurt or anything as desired
- Note – The quantity of spices is optional and can be changed according to spice preference.