Chicken Tikka – This recipe is definitely a must try, juicy chicken blend with consistent delicious spices is definitely delightful.
- 450gms skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp thick yoghurt/ Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp chickpea flour/ gram flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1piece ginger peeled
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- Butter for basting
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salad & chutney to serve
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilli in a wet grinder and blend to a smooth paste. Mix the yoghurt with the gram flour in a bowl to get rid of any lumps to form a thick paste like consistency. Add the ginger, garlic chilli paste, paprika, chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Also mix in the ground cinnamon and salt. Stir well and tip in the chicken pieces and mix well making sure to coat them in the thick marinade. Leave to marinate for a few hours or even overnight if you prefer.
- Preheat the grill on medium. Shake off the excess marinade and thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers and place them on a wire rack. Cook under the grill for 15-18 minutes. Turn the skewers every 5 minutes & baste with melted butter until the juices run clear and they are cooked through slightly charred around the edges.
- Serve warm over roti or parathas sprinkled with chaat masala and lemon juice along with mint chutney and salad