Chinese Fried Chicken – A tender juicy chicken recipe mixed with tasty spices.
- 250 gms chicken cut small pcs
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- canola oil, for deep frying
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose-flour
- 1pinch Red food color
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water. Drain and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, grated ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Marinate the chicken overnight.
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour and cornstarch.
- Place the chicken in the flour mixture. Dust and coat the chicken evenly with flour.
- Heat about 3 inches of canola oil in a wok to 350 F. Then drop the chicken pieces into the hot oil. Deep-fry until the chicken turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil with a strainer. Drain them on a wire rack.
- Serve it warm.