Paleo Chicken Shawarma – An amazing dish that slowly cooked to perfection. This delicious recipe will surely surpass your expectation.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts), chopped into 1inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Prepare the chicken and place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss to thoroughly coat. Place the plastic bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the grill. Skewer the chicken on soaked bamboo skewers and grill for about 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once or twice while grilling.
- Remove chicken from the skewers and serve with zucchini hummus (optional).