Malai Paneer Tikka – A tasty dish with rich delicious flavors that just melts in your mouth.
- Paneer – 250 grams, diced
- Green Chutney Sauce
- Fresh cream – 20 ml
- Cheese – 20 grams/2 cubes
- Kasoori Methi – ½ tsp
- Salt – as for taste
- Green cardamom powder – ¼ pinch
- Chaat masala – ¼ pinch
- Sugar – ¼ pinch
- Saffron – a few stands soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk
- Ginger – ½ -inch piece
- Green chilies – ½
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves–¼ cup
- Mint – 2 tbsp
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- Carrots (optional)
- Combine cilantro, mint, ginger and green chilies in a grinder. Mix them a couple of times to get a coarse mixture.
- In a bowl, combine fresh cream, grated cheese and the ground mixture herbs, ginger and chilies. Also add salt, kasoori methi, saffron soaked in milk, chaat masala, green cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Marinate the paneer, onions and tomatoes in separate bowls. Cover and let them rest in the fridge for 2 hours or preferably 24 hours.
- When you are ready to grill the marinated paneer in the tandoor, arrange them on the skewers.
- When the coals in the tandoor are ready, arrange the skewers in the tandoor.
- When the marinade on the underside sets, turn the skewers and paste it with some marinade if you wish. Turn again and continue to cook until the second coat of the marinade is cooked. Cooking the malai paneer tikka takes about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the skewers from the tandoor and carefully slide the tikkas off the skewers into the plate. Serve malai paneer tikka hot with some green chutney sauce and side with salad.