Mint Lemon Cheesecakes – Add a touch of sunshine into your day with this cheese cake recipe.
- 1¼ cups graham-cracker crumbs
- ½ cup and 3 tablespoons sugar, separated
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup mint jelly
- 1 kali mint leaves for garnish
- 9-inch square baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and parchment combination paper with parchment side facing up, hanging over sides of pan to create handles to lift cheesecake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham-cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter, stirring until combined. Press into bottom of pan, creating a level surface.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned and firm to the touch, approximately 8 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until soft, creamy, and smooth. Add eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and remaining ½ cup sugar, beating until incorporated into cream cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust in prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt mint jelly, whisking until completely smooth. Cool slightly and then use spoon or stick through a zigzag motion to form a pleasing swirled pattern.
- Bake until cheesecake is set and puffed, approximately 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours serve cool and garnish with mint leaves.