Beef Steak with French Fries – A tender juicy steak along with the appetizing fries. This dish is unquestionably classic and delicious
- 200gm beef steak
- 1 ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- 1 pinch cursed garlic
- 1 tea spoon olive oil for marinating
- Enough Cooking Oil for deep frying the French fries
- 200gms Potato
- 1 pc cherry tomato for garnish
- 1 kali of parsley for garnish
- For the chips, peel the potatoes and cut into whatever size you prefer. Wash well in cold water until the water runs clear, drain and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Carefully place the chips in the hot oil and cook for 7-8 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the oil, drain onto kitchen paper towel and set aside to cool. You may do this a few hours in advance, keeping the chips covered, in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, to finish the chips, deep-fry the chips in batches again in the oil at 180C/350F for two minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown. Drain on kitchen paper towel and season lightly with salt.
- For the steak, cut small slits across the line of fat on the steak and drizzle a little oil over the fat. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Salt the edge of the fat on the steak and place it onto the pan, standing it up on the fatty edge. Hold it there for a few seconds until the fat begins to run down the grooves of the grill; this is all the lubrication you will need to cook the steak
- Allow the steak to fall over, season it very lightly with salt and plenty of pepper, then grill for two minutes on each side for a rare steak; three minutes for medium; and four minutes for well-done. However, remember the thinner the steak, the less the cooking time.
- Once cooked, leave the steak to rest, so that the juices will settle evenly within the meat, while also allowing the meat to relax and become even tenderer.
- Serve the steak and garnish with cherry tomato and parsley.