Seared Ahi Tuna – A healthy recipe that is elegantly delicious, a must try recipe.
- 200g-cut Ahi tuna fillet
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Paprika (as for your taste)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 lemon slice (optional for garnish)
- 100g Fresh green spinach
- 1 small onion for salsa
- 1 small tomato for salsa
For Reduction (process of thickening and intensifying the flavor of a liquid mixture by simmering or boiling.):
- 6 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, halved
- Place the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until the mixture reduces by half. Turn off the heat and reserve until needed. This sauce does not have to be hot. The reduction will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Try to slice the tuna fillet into equal rectangular size sliced. In a small bowl, combine the salt, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Lay the tuna steaks out on a plate, and sprinkle the spice mixture evenly on all sides.
- Evenly coat the tuna steaks with the freshly ground black pepper, and gently press it in, so that it adheres to the surface, being careful not to smash the flesh.
- Place a thick-bottomed frying pan, or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. When you see small wisps of smoke, add the tuna to the pan and sear the steaks for about 1 minute per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Garnish as for the picture with the salsa and lemon or as desired, served.