A tender juicy beef roll staffed with fresh tasting pepper and tasty flavors. This delicious dish will definitely standout.
3 thin sliced beef sirloin steaks
2-3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS onion powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 Red and yellow peppers
1 cup of Gruyere cheese
1 sliced medium onion
Toothpick / Banana leaf (to keep the rolls in tack)
- Lay out the beef sirloin steaks, if they are a little thick, use a meat mallet and bash them a little.
- Add the seasonings, olive oil and Worcestershire sauce to the meat, (mix into the meat well on both sides) then set aside and prepare the filling.
- Cut the peppers and onion into matchstick size and set aside.
Using medium heated pan lightly sauté the peppers with a drop of olive oil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
Cook & Assemble the beef rolls
- Lay the rolls flat, then in the center of each, place the peppers and onion, and divide the cheese between the 3 rolls. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Roll them tightly using a toothpick or banana leaf, secure the end so the rolls don’t come apart.
- Heat a large fry pan (you don’t need any oil as there is oil on the meat already), and when hot enough, place the beef rolls in the pan. As soon as they are sealed (30 – 60 seconds), turn the rolls so they cook on all sides. Medium to rare is the most popular, however, you can cook for as long or short a time as you like.
- When done, remove from the heat, place on a plate and allow to rest for a minute or two, and remove the toothpicks or banana leaf.